ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Positive Comments?

Re: [endurance] Positive Comments?

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 08:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

I've put 2500 miles of competition on my OF Endurance Cutback - 4 different
horses. No real problems with any. I experienced loin-rubbing with one
horse (long-backed, lots of motion) which results in the hairs on his
loin being rubbed short, but he never exhibited any back discomfort.
Another needs a crupper to keep the saddle centered on his back. The
other two horses barely even need a girth - the saddle stays centered very
well. These horses have received multiple BC's and I've never experienced
a more comfortable saddle for me.

I know there are major differences between the different models, and
I personally wouldn't get a different model for endurance. Of the
people I know that are happy with their OF saddles, most use the
Endurance Cutback, I have one friend who uses the Patriot and likes
it, a few others still ride with their original Traditionals and
are still happy with them. I know of several who had problems
with the Stitchdown and one who had problems with the Premier.

Steph Teeter
http://www.endurance.net