ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Subject matter of listserv posts (Teeter's warning)

Re: [endurance] Subject matter of listserv posts (Teeter's warning)

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 05:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hey group - just use your best judgement. There aren't any hard
rules, and there are plenty of differences in what people like
to see on the listserve. Almost any topic is appropriate and
relative to endurance in some manner, the challenge is to keep
the focus on the endurance aspect of each topic.

The following are some of the benefits that I see to this forum:
(by using the word endurance, I don't mean to exclude the
other distance riding disciplines such as ride & tie and
competitive trail - these share many of the same interests)

1. Strengthen the distance riding community (people meeting people)
2. Post announcements, results, classifieds
3. Dispense information (techniques, equipment, feeding & care,
training methods, rules & regs, etc)
4. Seek information - ask questions
5. Discuss distance riding policies, methods, philosophies
6. Share distance riding experiences

I know - this is still pretty gray ... but I just want
to maintain the endurance/distance riding *focus*. It's not
so much the specific topic as much as it is digression into
opinion battles (few and far-between!) and chat.

Steph Teeter