ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] sportsaddle question - fixed!

Re: [endurance] sportsaddle question - fixed!

C. Morse (cmorse@reg.seresc.k12.nh.us)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:45:44 -0700

HorseWorks@aol.com wrote:
<snip>
> a lesson in mounting properly
>
> The left hand grabs the neck/mane (provided you are mounting from the left
> side of the horse) and the right hand on the cantle. Put the left foot in
> the stirrup and (some folks then bounce a time or two) swing up.
> Genie Stewart-Spears

And how does this work if you have an Appy with no mane? :-) I've worked
very hard to get Miss Kitty to stand still for mounting, and have found
that (at home, anyway) a picnic table is the perfect height!

Caroline
with Miss Kitty and Ruby, both Appys

--
"We're Starfleet officers... weird is part of the job."
          Capt. Janeway, U.S.S. Voyager