ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Easy Foam & (fwd)

Re: [endurance] Easy Foam & (fwd)

Lucie A. Hess (lhess01@mail.coin.missouri.edu)
Wed, 8 May 1996 23:40:28 -0500 (CDT)

Karen, I'm sorry to tell you this, but, I have managed many AERC rides
over the years and have been involved in international competition as a
groom on two occasions., plus riding all over the midwest in endurance
rides.

I have the AERC Rules and Regulations in front of me and no where does it
say that there is an AERC Rule that horses must be shod. At the rides I
go to here in the midwest, riders are allowed to decide if their horses
need shoes or some ride managers may stipulate that shoes are required.
But it is not an AERC rule.
We also have sharp rocks in our area here
and I have never ridden without shoes and have often used pads.
So please don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. Lucie Hess,
Columbia, Missouri AERC CENTRAL REGION