ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Re: Riders size and horse size

Re: [endurance] Re: Riders size and horse size

MARISA---,'-@ ("MARISA---,'-@")
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

> [39200] TUE 04/30/96 10:33 FROM SandyDSA@aol.com: [endurance] Horse Sizes;
> 23 LINES
>
> From: SandyDSA@aol.com
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 11:46:21 -0400
> To: endurance@moscow.com
> Subject: [endurance] Horse Sizes
> Sender: owner-endurance@moscow.com
>
> Just a query for the general population - what is your height and weight AND
> the size of the horse you ride? About half of the people who have come to see
> our mare for sale who is nearly 15.2 AND A PB Arabian!... say they want
> something bigger. HOW MUCH BIGGER? Geeez, from a functional standpoint,
> distance horses should not be overly large. We are talking about people who
> are not more than 5'10" here, not some giants who need a Percheron. I would
> like some input. Thanks! san

I'm 5'8" 175-180 pounds & Special is 15HH classic arab type. When I 1st
bought her I had been riding a 16HH Appaloosa, that felt large to me but I
think I looked better on. I much prefer Special's size though.
Especially since I have bad knees...

purpl2@teleport.com * life aren't things...*
Portland, Oregon *************************