ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] tights and footwear

Re: [endurance] tights and footwear

MARISA---,'-@ ("MARISA---,'-@")
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 00:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996 meaton@towner.ndak.net wrote:

> What do all of you wear on your feet and what kind of stirrups do you use? I had problems with numbness and soreness on the ball of my foot. I now wear Nike basketball shoes with the air chamber in the heel and forefoot. They have totally solved my problems. But they don't have a heel and that isn't too safe. I've tried
> regular riding sneakers but my feet got sore in them again.
> I ride in an Aussie saddle with the 4 bar stirrups with a pad.
>
> Mary Eaton Towner, ND

I ride in good hiking boots with a heel. They are Coleman's, and very
soft and comfortable. They're waterproof (important here in Oregon). And
don't make my feet fall asleep. I bought a pair of the Miller's riding
sneakers thinking that I ought to be safe and have tennis shoes with
heels, and that I could wear them in the summer. But the make the 2
outside toes on both my feet fall asleep. Please don't chew me out for
riding in hiking boots or shoes with no heels.... I figure this
summer, when it gets too hot for hiking boot on long rides, I'll ride in
comfy tennies. I ride in an english saddle with the standard irons.
Maybe someday I'll get some flexrides....

purpl2@teleport.com * by the weather... *
Portland, Oregon ***********************