ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Coca Cola versus Pepsi Max

Re: [endurance] Coca Cola versus Pepsi Max

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 19:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Apr 1996, Leif Neland wrote:

> I think I made a mistake when buying provisions for the last ride: Instead of
> the usual Coca Cola Classic with sugar, I got Pepsi Max _Sugarfree_! No wonder
> I didn't think as clearly, when my drink didn't contain any energy.
> Has anyone tried Jolt, "Programmers fuel", used for 30+ hours debugging
> sessions? It should contain twice the caffeine...

I can recommend neither Coca Cola nor Pepsi, nor Jolt for caffiene nor
sugar as they are also diuretics (makes you dehydrated).

If you want quick energy--go for simple sugars (much easier than the
complex sugars found in sweetened soft drinks). I will use fruit juice.

If you want caffeine--just take some No-Doz with a glass of water. I've
never had trouble staying awake.

kat
Orange County, Calif.