ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] new thread - forgotten items

Re: [endurance] new thread - forgotten items

Monika & Don Smith (smithpr@cadvision.com)
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 08:59:40 -0600

At 1:10 PM 04/16/1996, Tina Hicks wrote:

>So - what is the most important thing you have forgotten to pack for a ride???
>
>Anyone ever forgotten their saddle? Or, maybe, the *horse*?? <vbg>
>
>Tina (who religiously packs by a detailed list and *still* misses things)
>Embers (hey - I got packed in the wrong trailer - someone's list isn't right)
>hickst@nichols.com

Hi All!

A girth! Last summer. Too far to trailer back and it was too beautiful a
day not to ride. So, with all the poise of someone who had planned to ride
bareback on the trail, off I went for a much shorter and slower ride. Other
trail users didn't quite know what to make of me in my enduro gear (hard
hat, riding tights, fanny pack, ariat boots, etc) with only a snaffle bit
and set of reins on my horse--I did get double-takes along the line of
'what's wrong with this picture'. I had a good laugh and never, ever forgot
my girth again. I also do a check list before heading out, but inevitably,
something gets misplaced.

Monika and Koko, finally enjoying spring in the Alberta foothills portion
of the Rockies!