Subject: RE: [endurance] dressage mag
Author: John Greenall <greenall@vermontel.com> at smtpgateway
Date: 03/29/96 02:18 PM

AT the USET Festival of Champions last year there was a vet talk about
the research done re the Olympics. The old wives tale is that putting
water on the rump of a horse will cause it to tie up. What they are
saying is that if it is HOT and your horse is HOT water will help, not
harm. I tried this at the NY100, dumped water all over the beast all
day and had the best recoveries yet. Whether I would dump ice water on
is another story. I prefer to gradually go to cooler and cooler
water, but to what end ice cold water gets you is open for discussion.