ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #348

[endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #348

rsantana@ucdavis.edu
Tue, 19 Mar 96 12:27:39 +0800

POWERBARS have changed their formula withing the last year. They are softer and
moister now. Also a few new flavors exist like Malt-Nut.
Do not feed a horse or a dog anything with any chocolate in it! Chocolate
contains a chemical that is poisonous to them! Small amounts will not harm them
usually but if a race horse is tested and the substance shows up in the
blood/urine thay are disqulified from competition as well.
I always carry an extra Power Bar for my horse and have often wondered it it
would be possible to come up with something to help them the way these food
bars help us. FIBARS do not contain the calories you are looking for when
competing, thay are mostly bulk you don't use.

//--- forwarded letter -------------------------------------------------------
> endurance-digest Saturday, 16 March 1996 Volume 01 : Number 348
> ------------------------------
>
> From: lglazer@cyberg8t.com (Lynne Glazer)
> Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 23:52:10 -0800
> Subject: [endurance] Horse Likes Powerbars
>
> My 5 year mare watched my riding buddy eating a Powerbar today and asked
> for some. Gave her a little bite; she contorted herself into all sorts of
> positions wanting more. This while being shod.
>
> It was mocha, I don't even LIKE mocha, took me forever to LIKE Powerbars,
> got tired of melting Fibars. Looked at the ingredients, oat bran figured
> high up the list. Anyone think it's harmful? No more mocha, she'll have
> to like apple-cinnemon or banana or berry. It's so dry, I wouldn't feed it
> on any kind of ride, but as an occasional dime-sized treat.
>
> TIA
>
> o Lynne Glazer Ontario, California
> /|\ lglazer@cyberg8t.com or lglazer@cis.compuserve.com
> <<