ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] RE: Rain Pancho & Etiquette

Re: [endurance] RE: Rain Pancho & Etiquette

Sue Flagg (bzdgulch@ecis.com)
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 20:47:19 -0800

At 12:24 PM 3/15/96 -0800, Pamela M. Corley wrote:

Pamela--Nice to see you were doing this on your lunch hour. Unfortunately I
have to do this at home and my husband makes me ride my stationery (or is it
"ary") bicyle at the same time. I've logged many miles answering mail on
this page :-))

Would I worry about my raingear bothering another horse/rider combo? An
interesting question--I would use common sense and be courteous. However,
if my rainwear was reasonable,I wouldn't expect someone else's horse to get
upset, and if that horse did, I'd say it was a training problem for the
horse that got upset. All of my horses accept a slicker, poncho, or my
Goretex parka and pants. Raingear is a fact of life in this sport, so
they'd better get used to it!

Sue

p.s. there was an article on Etiquette for "Open" Riders I found rather
interesting in the last NATRC Region 2 newsletter. Although some of it was
common sense, I can understand why some endurance and/or Novice NATRC riders
find the Open NATRC riders (I'm one...) to be "snobs."

If you're interested in the article I'll scan it in or snail mail you a copy.