ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] long-distance pulsemeters

Re: [endurance] long-distance pulsemeters

Glenda Glass (sage@volcano.net)
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 00:16:08 -0500

At 11:25 PM 3/16/96 +0200, you wrote:

>I have a POLAR pulsemeter, the model made for people, where the transmitter and
>electrodes are enclosed in a rubber-like belt 12"*1" around the chest.
>
>I just replaced the elastic band with a longer one, and it fits the horse
>nicely.
>
>But the transmitter range is too short, I can't wear the receiver at my wrist,
>it has to be mounted at the top of the saddle, two inches at the left, on the
>string of my easy-boot bag.
>
>Is there a way to increase the range?

I just got the same heart monitor and noted the same problem. I
called the company and they suggested moving the sensing unit up the horses
side, thus placing the trensmitter closer to the receiver on your wrist. I
tried this and it seems to work so far. The range limit for this
transmitter seems to be between 2 and 3 feet.

Glenda & Tili
Finally, drier weather comes to Northern California and the mud is firming up.