ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Circle Y Sport Saddle

[endurance] Circle Y Sport Saddle

MARISA---,'-@ ("MARISA---,'-@")
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:07:46 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Sullys Maze wrote:

> I understand that the Sport Saddle folks license the rights to their patent
> to a company called Circle Y, and that Circle Y makes a replica of the
> Sport Saddle.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone tried the Circle Y
> version?

One of our local tack stores sells these, it's the ONLY one. I'm
suspicous of this tack store anyway. So, after looking at the circleY
sport saddles and LOVING them, I decided to ask around. What I heard was
not good. A local saddle maker said that they are seeing -lots- of these
for repairs when they are very new. He said that they don't hold up well
at all, and are not well made. The basic opinion that I got was, if you
can't afford a "disposable" saddle, don't buy one. When I asked at other
tack stores about why they don't sell them, they said the same thing. I
should add that many of the barrel racers around here use them. But
there not in the saddle anywhere near as much as we are.
(They were selling for $650)

purpl2@teleport.com * less to remember.... *