ridecamp@endurance.net: Re[2]: [endurance] tailing, standing, posting

Re[2]: [endurance] tailing, standing, posting

LONG JUDY (long.judy@smtpgateway.centigram.com)
Mon, 11 Mar 96 08:57:59 PST

Kathy Myers wrote:

>I haven't made this step either, so I'd love to hear these answers too. I was
>figuring on trying a 2 day 100 first... 50 and 50. What about
>a 75?

Actually, I did the Big Creek 70 and a two day hundred before I tried a 1 day
100. It would be a good way to go. A 70 or 75 would give you some experience
riding at night (depending on your speed) and an idea of how you and your horse
would do. It would also make it a smaller leap! A 2 day 100 isn't quite as
close to the experience of a 1 day 100 as a 70 is but it is a good test of what
you and your horse can do.

I think the Big Creek is currently scheduled for the middle of May. It is a
tough ride when the weather is cool. I guess last year it was moved to June and
had some terribly hot weather and a variety of disasters. Hopefully the weather
will be good this year.

Judy Long
Hayward, California