ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: endurance saddles

[endurance] Re: endurance saddles

Sullys Maze (Sully@forsythe.stanford.edu)
Wed, 6 Mar 96 12:38:40 PST

[36837] WED 03/06/96 10:53 FROM Jennifer.Hixson "JENNIFER H LAYMAN":
[endurance] saddles; 43 LINES

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 96 08:58:58 PST
From: "JENNIFER H LAYMAN" <Jennifer.Hixson@forsythe.stanford.edu>
To: endurance@moscow.com
Subject: [endurance] saddles
Sender: owner-endurance@moscow.com

I too am struggling to find a saddle - my mare seems to be
impossible to fit. I haven't tried a sports saddle yet (I was
hoping they would be at the convention). My concern about the sport
saddle is that I too spend a lot of time sitting in the saddle,
currently. I'm not a heavy weight rider, but this still concerns
me.

I have done long rides in mine where I am walking and sitting,
either to bring the horse back into condition or ponying another
horse. I have never had a problem from sitting with this saddle,
though I weigh about 125. I still think the equalizer foam
(SKito) is very important to use with this saddle.

Karen

Good luck, and if any of you discover some more valuable information
please send it my way.

Jennifer Layman & Hoosannah
Palo Alto, CA

To: ENDURANCE@MOSCOW.COM