ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Sidebones

Re: [endurance] Sidebones

Diane E. Nelson (nelsonde@ttown.apci.com)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:40:33 -0500 (EST)

My 1/2 Arab, 1/2 QH developed sidebone at about age 9. It did definitely
stop his very promising endurance career because it was such an
on-and-off thing. You just never knew when he'd be sound (and the
toughness of a ride, terrain, etc seemed unrelated to any lameness). We
retired him to Suzy Eagle's ranch in Wyoming where he is happily packing
kids in summer camp and is "servicably sound...most of the time. Hope
you can do better than we did with the sidebone condition.

Diane @ Safe Haven
Eastern PA