ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #253

Re: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #253

rsantana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Wed, 03 Jan 96 16:04:36 +0800

//--- forwarded letter -------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 03 Jan 96 12:58:55 -0800
> From: "Sullys Maze" <Sully@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
> To: rtsantana@ucdavis.edu
> Subject: Re: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #253

> REPLY TO 01/03/96 12:46 FROM rtsantana@ucdavis.edu: [endurance] Re:
> endurance-digest V1 #253
>
> Hi Ray,
> to clarify, you mean the whole strap/transmitter unit on the
> Easy rate must be scrapped??
Yes, the solid black transmitter that goes on the horse has no way to
replace the battery. The unit is made of molded plastic, one piece.
Roger Rittenhouse has tried to work with opening one of those and
replacing the battery but you have a mess when you're done.
Battery life is reduced by leaving the unit buttoned to the electrode
strap. Removing the transmitter from the electrodes turns off the
transmitter , thus extending the battery life. I think the unit is a
poor, though inexpensive, solution to the wire electrode method.

> I had both the batteries on the receiver and transmitter on my
> polar favor go out in the first year. Polar replaced, of
> course.
>
> Other problem I have is that velcro keeps pulling away from back
> of electrodes.
I have never had this problem. I have had an older set of electrodes
develope bad wire, Roger rittenhouse is now making a better set of rubber
electrodes with almost indestructible wires!
> Karen
>
> To: rtsantana@ucdavis.edu

Ray Santana
UC Davis Medical Center