ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

[endurance] Re: Clumsy Horse

KAREN CHATON (ZHBF15A@prodigy.com)
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 18:10:33 EST

Thanks Stacy for your input. I'll show my friend this info as I know

she is anxious to solve the problem. She had just recently went from

ground lessons to riding lessons with this horse, and the more he
gets worked the worse he gets - it got so bad that on their last
lesson he fell to the ground and sent her flying. That is when her
trainer sent her to the vet clinic, and of course, they couldn't find

anything wrong. There has to be something wrong - the horse didn't
use to be this clumsy.

Also, this horse has an excellent farrier, who does all the shoeing
at her trainers barn and this is the only horse that has any problems.

A year ago we could take this horse out and pony him with us on
rides. Now we can't even do that because my friend is too afraid of

him falling. He goes down on the flat, in dirt, sand, hills,
whatever. I'm sure she is willing to try anyything. I've told her
that he needs to learn his balance because he's young, but even now
I'm worried it might be something more serious than that. He doesn't

have a large area to run around, so maybe that has something to do
with it - but would that explain why he has gotten worse and not
better? We can't find anything in our vet books that the vet didn't

rule out ? ???

Thanks for letting me ramble on this subject everybody! Karen

<< Start of Forwarded message via prodigy (R) mail >>