ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] lost/stolen horses

Re: [endurance] lost/stolen horses

Joe Long (jlong@hiwaay.net)
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 20:08:16 -500

On 7 Dec 95 at 18:24, Patricia Yabumoto wrote:

> This has been a real jolt to my reality. I tried to do the right thing, only
> to become embroiled in a big bureaucratic mess. The poor horse is an old
> lame gelding who is so sweet and loves kids. I can't stand to think that he
> will be sent through the auction to go to killers just because the inspector
> has some kind of ego.

You don't have to give in just yet.

Find out who the livestock inspector's boss is and contact him.
Contact the local newspapers and TV/Radio stations ... they always
like a good human interest (or cute animal) story, as well as "David
vs. Goliath" stories of citizens fighting faceless bureaucracy. Lots
of publicity is your best weapon. The more people who know what is
happening the more of an embarrassment it becomes for the brand
inspector's bosses and the more likely he will be told to come
around.

--

Joe Long jlong@hiwaay.net