ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] McClellan Saddle

Re: [endurance] McClellan Saddle

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:43:46 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995 linda@linda.jf.intel.com wrote:

> That was me and I also saw the ad. In fact, it was the ad that got me to
> seriously considering getting a McClellan, since I need (and want) a new
> saddle very much.

Hi Linda,

You might want to consider a Stoner (I think that's the name) built in
California. They're on McClellan trees. Run about 600 bucks I think. One
thing you might want to take into consideration. McClellan trees were
"invented" way over 100 years ago and designed for the average TB typed
cavalry horse of the day. Check out the McClellan seriously before
purchasing. It's definately designed for high withered thinner backed
beasts rather then the typical rounded back of the modern Arab. It might
tend to make the saddle ride on two points on either side of the spine
rather then the weight distributed over the entire back area. (My
choice.)

Just something to think about! Check through the old issues of TrailBlazer
back before it became a glossly mag. Susan used to advertise Stoners back
then. (About 3 years back.)

Hope this helped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~