ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] heart rates & quilty

Re: [endurance] heart rates & quilty

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 08:40:34 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Nikki Ward wrote:

> just another question about how you guys do things from the aussie you're
> all going to stangle for her curiosity one day :-)
>
> what are your heart rate criteria for continuing/passing the vet? a pulse
> rate of 64 here would have you vetted out.

Criteria is set by the ride vets. Most of the recent rides I've done are
60 with no inversion. Seems to be the general rule of thumb these days. A
couple of years ago 16 per quarter minute was pretty standard in my
region. I think 15 is a better idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~