ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] over riding

Re: [endurance] over riding

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 11:54:36 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, The Purple Demon wrote:

> I would like to second this! Could us newcomers please have some helpful
> tips on how -not- to over-ride a horse??? ESPECIALLY a horse that
> -loves- to go and will go until they drop.
>
> Case in point--I had a very scarey experience this Sunday! Special has

Not to sound like an advertisement for Polar or anything, but constant
monitoring of the horse when you're getting used to each other (and
beyond that) via a HRM will definately keep you from over-riding. Best
investment you can make. Other then that talk to the ride vets. They know
best let them know your fears and take their advise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~