ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Cellular phones & riding

Re: [endurance] Cellular phones & riding

Greg & Kathy Seibolt (bordrcrk@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 17:17:23 -0800

Ann Warrington <RLINARCH@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu>
wrote:

>Do I
>really want to carry a phone around with me ALL the
>time ? Maybe not...getting on a horse and being out
>of touch with my hectic life for awhile is part of
>the enjoyment. Having a phone in the truck might be
>enough of a safely net for me.

We have both...my husband has a bag phone, for his business, in the
truck. It is more powerful than a hand-held, yet portable so we can
move it from his truck to mine (thus, it can always go with the hauling
vehicle). I have a hand-held that goes in my fanny pack, and although
there are areas that I can't get out, generally, a hilltop is closer
than the truck. And, regarding being out of touch with you hectic
life...(this is the part *I* like best...) you just trun the darn thing
off. Turn it on only when *you* want to use it.

I ride a lot by myself...so the 3 person advice is out for me...I was
out this weekend exploring new trails by myself, and realized I didn't
have my phone with me. Arghhhh...It's nice to know that I can phone
home if I get lost and let my husband know I am going to be "late for
dinner"...HELP!!

If I had to choose between a truck phone and a hand-held, I'd take the
hand-held for versatility

Happy cellular riding!
Kathy
Border Creek Farm