ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Stallion Selection

Re: [endurance] Stallion Selection

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 95 08:56:00 PST

Text item:

Hi Maureen-

I totally agree with Lori Stewart about Wazir's Kahraty. He is an awesome
individual - gorgeous(tall shiny chestnut) and athletic. I remember crewing
for a friend of mine at the Western States 50 (the last half of the Tevis
trail). My friend was a late finisher, but I was at the finish when Dolly and
Kahraty won. Karahty looked as fresh as he did at the start. Took a deep
breath and a big drink then looked like he was ready to out again. What made
Kaharaty stand out that day was that the second horse did not show up for
another 45 minutes!!! That horse was exhausted from trying to keep up with
Karahty and Dolly - and actually had to recieve fluids. The next horse was
about 30 minutes after her. Karahty was fast, and definitely in shape to handle
it! This was before the DeCair's had moved up to Foresthill.

Just my opinion - I would definetly seek out his babies if I were in the market
for an endurance horse!

Stacy Berger
Morgan Hill

Text item: External Message Header