ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] saddles

Re: [endurance] saddles

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 14:47:48 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995 shornbak@idwr.state.id.us wrote:

> and tested by the endurance world. Recently we have been discussing the
> SYNERGIST ENGLISH MODEL by John DiPeitra and the ZES TRUE RIDER saddles. Our co
> ncerns are:

I've seen the saddle that Boyd and Karen are marketing. I haven't ridden
in it. I bought one of the earliest models that John made though and love
it. (The Di Petra) It's the more traditional Endurance model though.
Here's my feedback on it...

> - Do these saddles utilize tree designs and sizes that are capable of fitting
> the typical arab?

Well you take a coat hanger and measure with it over the horse's withers
and make a template out of that. One sends the template of the horse's
exact back conformation as well as a conformation photo along with your
deposit check and Viola... some weeks later John has made you a custom
fitted saddle that exactly fits your horse's back!!!

> - Is there sufficient weight bearing area to support the riders weight while
> providing comfort for the horse?

YES!!!!

> - Are these saddles designed to provide the rider with proper leg
> position and balance?

Both are. The synergist has the billets set further back that most
endurance saddles putting your legs eactly underneath your frame mush as
a passier dressage saddle would.

> - Are the materials and workmanship good quality?

Yeah. It looks handmade though. The Zonetelli saddle looks a bit more
high quality. I think either will last many years.

> - Do these saddles generally require sum sort of custom padding to provide
> proper fit?

Nope

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~