ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Natural Glow (Rice Bran supplement)

Re: [endurance] Natural Glow (Rice Bran supplement)

Nikki Ward (u913558@student.canberra.edu.au)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 21:32:24 +1100 (EDT)

g'day nelson,

i know nothig about the brand 'natural glow', but if it just plain rice
bran then we have fed this many times. it's place in the horse's diet is
the same as that of wheat bran or pollard, but rice bran is MUCH richer
and has considerably more fat/energy. i think it has about double the fat
of wheat bran. so if you feed bran and want to fatten your horse up, or
provide more energy, then rice bran is probably better value than wheat
bran. the value of bran at all is another issue i won't get into.

nik in oz