ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] computer charges

Re: [endurance] computer charges

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 07:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

These are excellent points. I have problems believing that any
organization with less then 4000 members couldn't spend the 700 or so
that DBase, Paradox or some other similar program. Paradox and Foxpro are
extemely easy to manipulate. Heck I'd spend a couple of days with them
and program it. Runs on a net as well.

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Jim Ferris wrote:

> I dont understand this either. I am a director on the board of NATRC
> and historically we have had members either administer the various
> mileage and points program (for free), or members have developed
> software for our permanent office staff to use (also for free).
> I cant believe that in all of AERC's membership there is no one
> who could/would develop these programs. I would love to hear the
> directors rationale for this expenditure. It is possible that either
> 1) The AERC board doesn't have a truly computer literate person or
> persons available to them for advice. or,
> 2) There is a requirement that I dont understand.
>
> As I said earlier, I would love to hear why this expenditure was
> necessary.
>
> Perhaps NATRC is lucky as I have been developing computer software
> for the last 35 years, and have been on their board for the last
> 4 years (and the next 3, if re-elected).
>
> -Jim Ferris
> jferris@cwa.com
> Morgan Hill, CA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET.cmsa.berkeley.edu~