ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] computer charges

Re: [endurance] computer charges

Jim Ferris (jferris@cwa.com)
Fri, 27 Oct 95 07:38:58 PDT

I cant imagine what kind of hardware would cost this much given todays
prices, especially in CA which is where the AERC office is. I kept
regional points and mileage (1/5 of NATRC total), for 5 years on an
Atari computer with 100meg of hard drive and still had a lot to spare.
On the 386 PC I have now, I could keep the same with no problem at
all. The NATRC office uses a 486 with about 400meg of hard drive and
has lots left over.

As I asked in a previous post, an explanation of what was purchased
and why would be in order. I believe that AERC has been ripped off
or given some very bad advice by someone. Again, I temper this with
the statement that there may be a requirement of which I am unaware.

-Jim Ferris
jferris@cwa.com
Morgan Hill, CA