ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] MULTI-DAY RIDE QUESTION

Re: [endurance] MULTI-DAY RIDE QUESTION

Joe Long (jlong@HiWAAY.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 22:35:37 -500

> From: lahaywar@ffx.mobil.com (Lori Hayward)
> Subject: [endurance] MULTI-DAY RIDE QUESTION

> I have a question about AERC sanctioned multi-day rides. I have
> never done one yet and was wondering........
>
> If I enter a multi-day ride(say a 3 day 150) and I complete the first
> and the second day but during the 50 on the 3rd day get pulled would
> I get AERC mileage credit for the 100 miles that I did complete?

It depends on how the ride is sanctioned with AERC. If it is a true
3-day 150, the answer is no -- just as if you pull at the 75 mile vet
check of a one-day 100 you don't get credit for 50 or 75 miles. The
reason being, you have not successfully completed the event you
entered.

However, many multi-day rides (and all rides over three days in
length) are sanctioned as separate and individual one-day rides. In
that event, once you complete each day you have earned those miles no
matter what happens on subsequent days.

If in doubt, check with the ride manager to see how the ride is
sanctioned.

--

Joe Long Rainbow Connection Arabians PC/LAN Manager home of Kahlil Khai Calhoun Community College AERC Hall of Fame horse jlong@hiwaay.net 11,475 miles completed