ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Prince Asheem survived colic surgery

Re: [endurance] Prince Asheem survived colic surgery

WarholNW (WarholNW@ccmail.apldbio.com)
Mon, 23 Oct 95 11:43:01 PDT

Hi Lari- sounds like you had a terrible time, but I/m glad your horse pulled
through. My wife's Appy Warpaint might be one of the west horses you are
thinking about who recovered from colic surgery. He was out of racing action
for 6 to 8 months after his recovery due to a stupid quarter crack in his hoof,
but now is over that problem. He has returned to his former self, and has
completed 2 fiftys in the past month as his first rides back. He is actually
looking much better now than before the surgery, since the stones they pulled
out of him were hindering his digestion of food. He has shown no signs of
metabolic problems since his surgery, and we consider him 100% fit. Judy is
planning an exciting ride schedule next year, including Tevis, ROC, and as many
multi day rides as we can get in.

I' glad you still have the Prince around. Give him his well deserved rest and
recovery period, and I/m sure he will be back in action in no time. The only
hard part is the waiting!

Nick

As an aside, we have insured our two young horses for surgery, mortality, and
liability. It only took one five-thousand dollar vet bill to convince us the
value of insurance.