ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Desetin ointment trick

Re: [endurance] Desetin ointment trick

Lori Hayward (lahaywar@ffx.mobil.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 07:15:09 -0400

>To: "WarholNW" <WarholNW@ccmail.apldbio.com>
>From: lahaywar@ffx.mobil.com (Lori Hayward)
>Subject: Re: [endurance] Desetin ointment trick
>

>> Hi everyone-
>>
>> I tried something which really worked! I heard somewhere that people
>> used Desetin ointment on their horse's armpits to fight off rashes and
>> irritated skin caused by girth
rubbing.............................................
>> Nick
>
>HI NICK,
>
>My mare has had this problem since day 1 of competition. It is not due to
girth rub(she is long on her underline and I don't have much problem with
the girth rubbing by her elbows especially since I use Xfire rigging). She
seems to get it just from sweating and the skin rubbing under there. It get
kind of scurffy and if not treated and continuously ridden it will get raw
and sore. I found that keeping it clean there with bentadine or something
anti fungal/bacterial, drying good and treating with zinc oxide works great.
Haven't had any problems since. It seems to be a common problem with
endurance horses.

>Lori.

Lori,
Tabriz and