ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] safety

[endurance] safety

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 07:29:48 +0800

Hi Patti,

I won't touch the lameness question - too many 'ifs' and 'whys' and depends' in
my own mind. But a thought on the out vet check question- In my experience
ride management has always provided a means for tranporting rider gear to out
checks. They should be the first ones to ask. Plus you might want to send
something smaller and more compact than a tack trunk. Generally all you really
need out there is a blanket and some feed/food for you and your horse. Items
like easy boots and electrolytes don't take up much space. A smaller, more
'packable' container might be easier for someone else to transport.

That help?

Steph Teeter
http://www.fsr.com/National/endurance