ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Kansas PreWorld Ride

Re: [endurance] Kansas PreWorld Ride

CMikeT@aol.com
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:48:33 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-27 23:28:53 EDT, Louise Burton writes:

>Two questions:
>1. What is the deal about covered stirrups? If you wear hiking boots with
>a heel, do you still need covered stirrups for this FEI ride?

FEI has certain safety minimums. One is a helmet. Another is prevention of
the foot going through the stirrup, EITHER heels OR covered stirrups.

They did not expect the covered stirrups to really be used when the rule was
first passed in Europe. Then they met the running shoe clad Americans. Much
innovation since then such as running shoes with very little, yet adequate,
heels. Just remember, duct tape makes a great emergency stirrup cover.

>2. Who all is going to this ride Oct. 14th?

There are a lot of people from all over going to the pre-ride Oct. 14, '95.
I will be there, but only riding the 50.
It looks like it will be a great ride.

Mike

C. Mike Tomlinson, DVM
Chief Managing Director In Charge