ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Limited distance vs CTR ?

Re: [endurance] Limited distance vs CTR ?

Brenda Miskimmin (bmiskimm@env.gov.ab.ca)
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 11:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995 10:06:29 -0700 Stephanie Teeter
<step@sunfish.fsr.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, 01 Sep 1995 10:10:09 -0500 (EST) TETERVIN@bms.com
wrote:
> >> ...what is the difference
> > between a 25
> >> miles endurance race that is won based on HR etc vs a
> >> competitive trail
> > ride
> >> which is also won based on the condition of the horse and
> >> optimal
> > speed... -Amy
>
> > ... The point being that if they are trying to introduce
> > new riders to endurance, it should at least resemble the longer
> > distance method!
>
> > Brenda Edmonton, Alberta
>

>We used the standard bc form which is vetscore 500 pts, time 200 pts
>(fastest time gets the whole 200) and weight (heaviest rider gets
>the whole 200).
>
>Steph
>
>..I'm still trying to decide if this is the best method. Part of me
>rebels against the subjectivity of the vet score.

Thanks for the clarification. Essentially you gave placements based on
the entire best condition score (not just vet score) rather than speed
alone. Now that's not a bad idea.
Brenda
Edmonton, Alberta