ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] pet peeves

Re: [endurance] pet peeves

Ronald J. Bowden (editor@heart_talk.win.net)
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 22:41:00

>On Wed, 30 Aug 1995 11:09:11 -0700 paul roach
><proach@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>Hi y'all:
>>
>>I'm going to be putting on an endurance ride next year, and I thought
>>that I'd solicite your help. It will be my first effort as ride
>>manager, and, naturally, I want to get as many things right as
>>possible. I thought that it would be helpful, and possibly amusing, to
>>collect a list of riders' pet peeves. This might help me aviod making
>>some mistakes. (And now that I think of it, a list of ride managers'
>>peeves might be even more interesting.) Please don't bother with the
>>big headaches; I know that no-one likes a poorly-marked trail or
>>discovering that five miles of the trail is on asphalt. But if you
>>could help keep me from making a lot of little mistakes, I'll be able
>>to keep my riders happier. Thanks,
>>
>>Paul Roach

Hi, Paul,

Here's my peeve! At the awards banquet, pleeeze have something to
eat besides steak and chicken?? At one ride they even served
barbequed rabbits!! OH YUM! 8-X Beans are fine, but how about a
REAL salad or even some kind of pasta?
BTW where and when is your ride going to be? You seem so
concerned about making it the best you can that I'm sure it'll be
great!!