ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] [larishea@mcn.org: Australia riding vacation]

[endurance] [larishea@mcn.org: Australia riding vacation]

Stephanie Teeter (step@sunfish.fsr.com)
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 16:32:01 +0800

From: larishea@mcn.org (Lari Shea)
Subject: Australia riding vacation

Just a short note to let folks know we still have a few openings on the
riding vacation I'm putting together in Australia and Fiji. We ride and
camp with the folks who did the stunts for "Man from Snowy River" in the
same phenominal mountains. They call their place "Bluff and Beyond", and
they aren't kidding.

Then we spend a week in the Queensland rainforest with Bob and Brook Sample,
who between them have won the Tom Quilty three times, and placed top ten a
dozen more. We'll be lodging at a gorgious little B&B run by some endurance
riding friends of the Samples, (the food on both rides is wonderful!) and
riding on a route that's been used by the Quilty twice (it changes place
each year). Bob's horses are elite Arab and Arab/TB cross mounts, many of
whom have spectacular histories, all of whom are ridden in halters Bob
macremes himself. Both places have horses for all experience levels, from
novice through professional.

And we end up with four days on Malololailai Island in Fiji..... If it's
gotta end, that's the only way to do it~!

The trek this year (Nov 29-Dec 18th) is even less expensive than last
time...$4050, which includes R/T airfare from SF or LA, all lodging in
Melbourne, Brisbane and Fiji, transportation by plane, bus, and taxi in
Australia, and the two riding vacations.

If anyone would like more info, either E-mail me, or phone/fax 707-964-9669.
I think Steph will be putting additional info on the home page, also.

Lari

Lari Shea
Ricochet Ridge Ranch
24201 N. Hwy One