ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Diane Janssen & Spanish Barbs

Re: Diane Janssen & Spanish Barbs

Lucia Humphrey (laneyh@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 16:43:42 -0700

You wrote:

>I trained a Spanish Barb two years ago. He was bred in the Catskill
area
>of New York State. He was a small bay gelding, with the best
disposition
>I've ever seen on a horse. You could play with him like a big dog. He
>was very willing and quick to learn. Even though he was small, about
14.2hh,
>had a long, thick mane, tail and forelock and huge ears. He was quick
and
>quite handy but very bouncy due to a short back. The woman who owned
him told
>me he was typical in both temperment and conformation.
>furface@liii.com

Dear David -
Thanks for the info! For me, 14.2 is just right - it's just as
high as I can get on easily and as high as I want to think of falling
from! Sure sounds that gelding was a fun fellow!!! What did you do
with him - endurance? Was he good at it? If you didn't do it, do you
think the breed has endurance potential? I have an Arab mare now that
I love dearly, but someday maybe I'll get some sort of Spanish Barb if
they are any good at endurance. Thanks again and
Happy trails!
Laney