ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: new rider

Re: new rider

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Mon, 7 Aug 95 08:21:55 -0700

> From: "Jennifer Hixson" <Jennifer.Hixson@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
> To: endurance@moscow.com

> My frustration is that I don't know any endurance riders in my
> immediate area to hook up with, and I really need the training more
> than my mare. Is there anyone out there that would like a
> conditioning partner?
>
> I'd love to work on a pit crew for anyone
> that needs my assistance. I don't have a trailer yet which is
> another issue, but I'm willing to relocate my mare if it's not too
> far from my home (I'm use to seeing her every day).

> Jennifer Hixson
> Palo Alto, CA
> Stanford University

Hi Jennifer,

I don't know where you board, but not having a trailer really puts a crimp
in things, doesn't it? Good luck!

You may want to do is to join Quicksilver Endurance Riders club. They meet
in the Almaden Valley (southwest San Jose) and have a power packed membership.
Some great names on their roster.

Volunteering to help the rides out is great experience too. Just call the
ride manager or secty and offer to do P&R's or be a vet secretary. You learn
alot, have fun and sometimes get fed.

Where do you ride?

Linda Cowles
Gilroy Calif.