ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [Kathy.Myers@SYNTEX.COM: Re: Adequan]

Re: [Kathy.Myers@SYNTEX.COM: Re: Adequan]

CMikeT@aol.com
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:28:08 -0400

In a message dated 95-07-26 01:08:24 EDT, Truman wrote:

>I have heard and read in more than one place, that controlled testing
>tracing tagged compounds showed that Flex Free was not absorbed by the
>horses gut and pass right on through - therefore would not provide any
>benefit except to the bank account of the maker. Can any of our vet
>friends shine any light on this?
>
>Truman

Keep in mind that what something does in theory or in the lab does not always
coincide with what it does out in the real world.

I know that bumblebees theoretically cannot fly but I see them all the time
walking through thin air.

PSGAG's theoretically cannot work orally, but I have seen them help many
horses and I personally use SynoFlex(R) on all my horses in hard training.
It does do a lot for prevention.

On a horse that is young with no wear-and-tear, PSGAG's will not appear to be
doing anything. It will only help if it is needed. PSGAG's cannot make the
horse go faster or jump higher unless there is already something impairing
performance. On an old, arthritic horse the benefit of PSGAG's is amazing
(and unequivocal).

Mike

C. Mike Tomlinson, DVM
Tomlinson Consortium