ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: question, and I am happy!

Re: question, and I am happy!

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Thu, 20 Jul 95 12:58:00 -0700

On Jul 20, 11:03am, Gwen Dluehosh wrote:
> Subject: question, and I am happy!
> Sorry, I had to tell ...
> My stallion is going to be leased for endurance campaigning with Mary Anne
> Wates, Jeannie Waldron's manager. I AM SOOO EXCITED, I could BUST!

> On another note, have any of you had experiences with a VERY sensitive girth
> area on a stallion? I mean if it is too tight (which would be normal for
> other horses) for him, and it chafes, makes a welt? He only acts up when he
> feels it rubbing him the wrong way, and we have tried everything from
> Cottage Craft cotton girths to leather to felt to fleece. He will only
> accept fleece or felt at the moment, and only if isn't girthed quite snug
> enough to go up a mountain..ie the saddle slides, but not on the flat.
> All opinions, as usual, welcome.
> Gwen

Hi Gwen -

Shatirr rubs easily, and I can't cinch him any tighter than sorta-snug.
I always have to stretch his leg out and check the skin to insure that
he doesn't have a fold of skin stuck somewhere...

I bought a custom made grirth from Trumans saddler (I can't find her
number!!) that's neoprene with the cloth side turned out. It has elastic
connecting the buckles to the girth; his works out really well for my
sensitive horse! Mine is western girth, and has elastic on the cinch-side,
but she will make them in english also.

I ordered mine with a strip if the fuzzy-side-of-velcro sewn into the center
so that I can still attach my heart monitor. This is a really nice girth!!

Truman, can you get us this persons number? Thanks!

Linda