ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Limited Distance Scoring

Re: Limited Distance Scoring

Truman Prevatt (prevatt@lds.loral.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 12:14:52 -0400

Linda,

There has been the growing demand to treat the 25 just like an endurance
ride. In fact most people doing 25's consider it an endurance ride and
resent any "judging" to determine the "winner". Many of these people
choose endurance over CTR's to get away from the judging. So this type of
scoring has pretty much disapeared because of rider demand.

BTW this type of scoring could actually backfire. If a featherweight rider
figured out that they had to make up points that they give away because of
the one point per pound used in the BC scoring, then might think they would
have to make it up in ride time. I want to do something to slow the LD
riders down at my ride, I just don't what yet.

If you lower the critera too low, then you are unfairly penalizing people
with high strung horses. This is especially true at the first vet check
when many horse are still high. Because Misty is wired pretty tight, it
usually takes lat few minutes to get her settled down at the first vet
check. Right now the only thing I have come up with is to announce at the
ride meeting that there will be sniper near the finish line and the first
LD rider that crosses will be target practice. For some reason, my wife
tells me that would probably be very effective but would be slightly
unworkable.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Truman

------- Original Post -------

>On Jul 18, 8:35am, Truman Prevatt wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Limited Distance Scoring
>> >Limited Distance Scoring for 1st place....
>> >
>> >Can someone get me the information on EXACTLY how this
>> >type of scoring is done ?
>> >

>> The limited distance rides in FL were scored this way until two years ago.
>>
>> It worked very well.
>>
>> Truman
>>-- End of excerpt from Truman Prevatt
>
>Howdy!
>
>Why did they stop using Best Condition for scoring the limited distance rides,
>Truman?
>
>Linda

The race is not always to the swift, but to those that keep running.

Truman and Mystic "The Horse from HELL" Storm

prevatt@lds.loral.com - Sarasota, Florida
__