ridecamp@endurance.net: Mail failure

Mail failure

POSTMASTER@uf4725p02.washingtondc.ATTGIS.COM
Fri Jun 30 11:08 EDT 1995

[005] Mail retry count exceeded sending to:
REMOTE /deardj

From: owner-endurance-digest@moscow.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:00:20 -0700
To: endurance-digest@moscow.com
Subject: endurance-digest V1 #44

endurance-digest Monday, 26 June 1995 Volume 01 : Number 044

From: RAINBEAU@DELPHI.COM
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 19:30:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Swan Creek

Well despite the heat and drought conditions in this area the Swan Creek
ride went very smoothly with only one pull on the 50 for lameness. Julie
Abrams had received 60 some notifications of pre-entry but not that many
actually showed up probably due to the heat. Well you guys that changed your minds you missed a good ride. The trails were
well marked, the vets and
management were very efficient and organized. Dr. Jeff Adams was quite c
concerned about the heat and even had an additional check added 2 miles
out from the finish to insure they were not hurting before they went
racing down the sandy pipeline in the hot sun. This check was a no hold,jt the 68 pulse and on you went. Ride management had
provided tubs of water
for drinking every six miles and they were full both times when I went
through. They had beautiful awards, awards completion was a custom branded
brush and they even had a drawing for pit crew awards and every crew got
something. This was Jeff and Julie Abrams first time managing a ride and they
did a wonderful job. Char Richards did a great job of marking the trail
thru
the beautiful woods and wildflowers of the Allegan State game area. Sorry
more people did'nt turn out but there will be another Swan Creek next
year and it promises to be even better. On the 50 endurance there were
11 starters and 10 finished. First place was Shelly Dake on Takis Rama.
I don't remember all the rest, rider retardation has addled my memory
banks. Shelly also got Best Condition. I do know that I was eighth and
that suits me fine, its good just to finish a hot weather ride like this
and still have a horse with more left in her. Hope to see more of you
all there next year.

Karen Skuratowicz