ridecamp@endurance.net: Re[2]: Castle Rock (CA) ride 6/24th

Re[2]: Castle Rock (CA) ride 6/24th

WarholNW@ccmail.apldbio.com
Wed, 28 Jun 95 12:59:10 PDT

I think Laney has a great idea on how to spot the endurance mailing
list people at a ride. Someone either get up at the end of the riders
meeting and ask for a show of hands, or maybe get together for a few
minutes after the meeting. If people don't want to talk in front of a
crowd, I am sure the ride managers would be happy to make a little
anouncement for us.

We should definiatly do something at the endurance confrence this year
in Reno. It is in early March this year, but I am not sure of the
exact date. Maybe some kind of group party?

Another idea is some kind of button, patch, or something like that.
There is sort of a "universal" internet symbol used in a lot of
circles. The "@" sign, or "aat" sign, is used by some people for this
exact purpose. Would it be strange to wear a button with this symbol
on it at rides? Maybe a 1 or 2 inch white pin with the @ on it? If
people think it is a good idea, I will get a bunch made up and send
them to who ever wants one. I figure if Steph can put as much effort
into the home page as she does, other people should kick in. What
does everyone think?

Nick