Tevis Trail Work Day

I have been asked to post this notice for the next Tevis Trail work day:

The March trail work day will be Sunday, March 10, 2002, and we will be
working on several sections of the Western States Trail.   We will meet at
the Overlook parking lot (the Tevis finish line) in Auburn at 9 a.m. and
break into smaller work parties.  Some groups will be trimming back brush,
others will correct water bar damage, realign trail and remove sluff.
Please dress appropriately because of poison oak.  Bring water; proper tools
will be clippers and loppers for brush trimming, shovels and picks.
Additional tools will be furnished by Cal. State Parks and Rec.  This work
project is approved for credit for the Western States Endurance Run as well
as other groups.  Respond to Charlie Gabri at hillfolk@foothill.net or call
530-367-2981.

Thank you very much to those who participated in the February work day.  A
great deal was accomplished because of the good turn-out.  There will be
more work parties announced in the coming months.

Joan Dowis