Fw: [EquineCushings] NUTRACEUTICALS THREATENED

More info - Jeanne

----- Original Message -----
From: valine20
To: EquineCushings@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 8:40 AM
Subject: [EquineCushings] NUTRACEUTICALS THREATENED

Any of you using Hormonise or any other herbal, or joint supplement,
or MSM or many other things in the metabolically challenged horses,
or your other horses, dogs, etc. need to keep in touch with this.

The bill I was hoping had already been introduced does not do what we
want done BUT there is a draft of proposed legislation that does.  Go
to www.nasc.cc and click on CASHA.  This is basically in the same
language as the existing legislation that protects those supplements
for human use.  We need to get that bill introduced.

At the bottom of that page is an e-mail link for Frank Ballard,
president of NASC.  Send him an e-mail and let him know you support
introduction of CASHA.  At the moment, NASC is thinking the way to go
is to have supplements all go through vets who would be required to
report on results, etc..  No way that would ever fly with vets.
Please also take a little time to fax, call or send a letter to the
American Horse Council (www.horsecouncil.com) to let them know you
want to see CASHA introduced to Congress.  This is what they are
there for.

My apologies too to any of you whose e-mails are among those sitting
in my box with a red flag (meaning "get to me") on them.  I WILL
answer!

Eleanor

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.