Re: [RC] how to feed a yearling

> Just looking for suggestions, I bought a yearling and the
> owners were feeding her "2 scoops" of 14%.
>
> Any suggestions of what a baby needs.

Free choice grass hay and if any, no more than 25% of that as alfalfa.  14%
protein is fine, but look at the ingredients list and make sure that soybean
meal is listed in there somewhere, to ensure an adequate lysine content.
Make sure the grain mix contains around 55-60 ppm copper and around 220 ppm
zinc. Don't feed just by scoops, feed the amount that will keep your new kid
with some cover over the ribs, but never, ever plump.

Good luck and have fun. :-)

Susan G