Possibly Endurance?

Sara IndigoRhaine@aol.com
Hi -

I'm again looking into endurance as an "alternate" sport.  I have quite a
few questions, so please deal with me while I sort my thoughts :)  I'm
almost completely clueless when it comes to this (other than the stuff
I've read about) so I'm sorry if it's listed somewhere on this site - I
did my best to read as much as possible before I asked, but it's pretty
extensive :)

Firstly, is there any page listing stables throughout certain regions that
compete in endurance or competitive trail riding?  Do you know of any in
Wisconsin?  If I do get involved, I'd like to find someone to go with at
least for the first ride or two to figure out what I'm doing.  I would
also like someone to help me look for the "right" endurance horse for me.
(I'm interested in Saddlebreds.)

Secondly, how would I go about finding a "sponsor" for these events?

And just a question out of curiosity - how are these horses shod?  What is
a rough price estimate on it?  (I'm sure anything is cheaper than show ASB
shoes! lol)

What about conditioning?  Just basic estimates obviously...
For a horse worked a few times a week?/5 times a week?/Out of condition
horse?
Just another curiosity question.  (I'm trying to do some rough guesses on
time/money/etc)

Well, that's all I can think of right now.  I'm sure I'll have some more
questions later on, though :)
Thanks
Sara