LTLH trimming

I've been following the trim discussion with interest.  I used to look for
tips for club feet (for one of my mares).  Now I'm trying to figure out how
her yearling son should be trimmed to keep him even.  He has a slight club
on one foot, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.  I'm more concerned about
the other foot, the one that he stretches out in front when he grazes.  It
has the classic LTLH, and the heel seems to be in front of the leg/cannon
column.  I understand that is not desireable, but when his toe is shortened,
and his hoof heels are trimmed back to where they should be, the
pastern/hoof angle is broken.  Is this something that I just need to keep
after with frequent trimming and he will gradually come up, or is it
something that we will have to live with?

Kris in Idaho