Re: RC: Ramp vs Step

  I'm getting a little confused as to how you can get kicked in the head
at putting up a ramp.  I have had two trailers - a 2H BP straight and a
3H sland goose.  On both, the ramp is outside the doors - you have to
close the back doors, then put up the ramp.  I can't see how a horse
could kick you in the head with that door in between you!
  Anyway, my preference is definately ramp.  I've never had slipping
problems and have had LOTS of trouble with horses in a step-up.  I've had
to haul many horses with minimal trailer training and have seen too many
that were terrified of stepping up (had one that would step up, then
immediately go to her knees and crawl in) and stepping down.  The back
step seems to scare them the most and I've gotten where I can't bear to
see the terrified trembling of a horse tippy toeing backwards, waiting
for that drop-off.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX