Re: RC: Ramp vs Step

after seeing a really torn up leg from sliding under a step-up trailer when
unloading, we opted for a ramp... did a lot of looking around and checking
things out... gets REALLY hot here during summer in CA central valley so we
were looking at that as an issue as well as general horse comfort.  Ended up
with a Brenderup and LOVE it.  LONG ramp which allows horse to have all 4
feet on at the same time which eliminates a lot of the uneasiness, increases
stability. It also has jacks at the rear end of the trailer to further
stabilize if loading big warmbloods- (dont need it for our little Arabs).
Ramp has hydraulic assist springs- one person easy lift, and no danger of
getting kicked as we're way out of hoof reach.  Lots of other safety
features-   too numerous to list here but they have a great web site and will
send a free video upon request.  Other main comfort feature- we looked at one
which had been completely enclosed- including the weather door (which is
attached to the ramp and just lifts up and into place!!!)- while sitting in
the midle of a parking lot in summer at the Horse Expo in Sacramento....
about 10 degrees cooler inside the trailer than out....after burning my hand
on the roof of the aluminum trailer we were comparing to, this was a big hit
with us.  Only disadvantage we've found so far is we've been unable to figure
out a way to carry portable corral panels on it or attach a Trailer Tie .
Sides are a formica like material.   Any one out there with some inspiration
for us????